Friday, August 15, 2008

Acolyte

Went for a spin with Lou Waugaman last night. Perfect night for a bike ride - 70s and barely any wind. I rode downtown and met Lou at McRae Park after he finished some hill sprints. We headed north towards Elkhart, stopped at the Time Trials, and then cruised back through Ankeny, into Johnston and then home. For Lou, an endurance pace ride. For me, 3.5 hours total time, including breaks, at an average heart rate of 151. Probably closer to an average of 160+ going out. Legs are sore today, but a good sore. I'm also eating everything in sight. Guess I need to start doing more interval work...

Iowa Games road race is this weekend. 54 miles in the pain cave. I'm not planning on winning, but it will be a good workout and a chance to road race in a large group, which I don't do that often.

No comments: