Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Catch up post

Lots of stuff going on the last month, but not a lot of typing. Gonna just slap some stuff down so the 2 people that are reading this can see what I've been up to.

Ramped up the mileage over the last two weeks and have been feeling pretty good, if a bit tired. I didn't worry about whether it was gravel or pavement. Seat time of any sort is paramount right now to get the legs in shape.

Capped things off with camping trip out towards Panora with Squirrel, Jason Bouten, Sammy, and Skidmore on Friday. 85 miles of riding with a 50 lb trailer in tow made for a good workout, even at a medium pace. Ate some brats over a campfire and drank a few beers and just generally had a good time and enjoyed the early spring weather. The Hennessey Hammock worked out well for the trip. I'm actually going to need to find trees a bit further apart than I thought at first to hang it up. I also need to work on getting the line a bit more level so I don't sink down to one end of the hammock.

Parts for my Dos Niner have shown up at the shop, other than the rims for my wheels. Hope to get it all built up sometime soon (maybe during my TI rest week).

Fargo should be showing up at the shop this week as well. A little work to get that in shape but it will be worth it. The Fargo will be my steed for the TransWisconsin for sure. There's a slight chance I'll be using it for the Cheq 100 as well, but that would be fairly slim at this point.

In other news, my low back is out, so I'm going to be off the bike for a few days. Just about the worst time for it to happen as I really need to be getting consistent seat time in for the next 2 weeks. Better to rest now than break down in the middle of no where I guess.

6 comments:

MG said...

Sorry to hear about your back, Steve. Keep your head up and get the rest you need now though... You're right to take the time now and not get yourself in trouble out in the middle of nowhere.

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers,
MG

Joe said...

Steve! Can't wait to see the Fargo built up! Good luck on the TransWisconsin! I'm going to tour it someday... maybe not this year though. I may get a chance to ride some of it if I ride up to GnomeFest in September. Take care of your back.

Iowagriz said...

Reader #3 checking in

Anonymous said...

Steve, reader #4 speaking up...no way will I ever be able to keep up with you on gravel or pavement, but you are still an inspiration....keep up the great riding and writing!

Pete (a little Northeast of Toddville)

Ari said...

reader number 5
Lots of water to loosen up the lowerback. Also do some light streches. Is the position on your bike right for you? Maybe hauling the trailer in early season is what did it. I really hope you feel better soon. Meet you at the starting line.
best,
ARi

MrDaveyGie said...

Reader #6 reporting in. :-)