Friday, March 14, 2008

Two busy days.

Thursday was a nice day. Took the lead sled to work. Had a little rubbing problem with the rear wheel that I'll need to take a look at. Made it over to Irwin's after work to pick up some chainrings that I ordered. Rode home along 70th street, which was good until I looked up and noticed that the bike path ended and I rode right off into the fresh mud. Kept pedaling for a while, but I hit a soft spot, lost my momentum, and couldn't get unclipped.

Busy day today. Picked up tires and tubes from Rassy's today. Tubes for the road bikes, and tires and tubes for the 320 Tri's that showed up the other day. Will get them mounted tomorrow, along with all of the other bike work going on, like tube changing, chainring installing on two bikes, and getting an additional bike rail mounted in the garage. The Paramount arrived today. Mark did an excellent job packing it up. I'm going to save the box and all of the packing materials in case I need it some other time. Took about 45 minutes to get it unpacked, get the bars, pedals, rear deraileur and seat installed. Shake down ride was good, if a bit cold in shorts and a t-shirt. The Campy brifters are going to take some getting used to, but other than that, it's pretty much everything I had heard and expected it to be. The paint job looks a lot better in person than in pictures. I'll have to try and get some photos up in the next few days anyway.

No comments: